Sunday, March 3, 2013

My RPG Collection: Shelves 3 & 4

So continuing where I left off on the series going through my RPG collection (this is partially for my own purposes, but some may find it interesting.) Part 1 can be found here.

Shelf 3

This shelf is pretty easy to cover, it's all Shadowrun. More specifically it's all Shadowrun editions 1-3. Shadowrun is one of those games where I'm a completionist. I haven't run the game in 10 years but I still buy everything for it because I find it so fascinating to read. In fact with my shift to PDFs recently, Shadowrun will remain one of the lines I buy in hardcopy as well just because I love it so much.

So Shadowrun editions 1-3. About 18 years ago I sold off my entire Shadowrun collection to a friend, which while it wasn't huge it was reasonable enough (edition 1 only.) I always regretted it and when 3rd edition was release I decided to start buying it again (I sold when I went to university and rebought when I started work and was actually bringing in money.)

I have managed to collect almost everything published for it now, though as you can see some are second hand and a little worse for wear than others. I am missing a few items from the first 3 editions, namely the hardback 1st edition rulebook, Prime Runners and the revised editions of Street Samurai's Catalog and Rigger 2. Smart eyes may notice on the larger image that my copy of Corporate Punishment looks a bit weird  that is because it is a print on demand copy from DriveThru as I couldn't find a regular copy.

Not visible here is the Denver box set which is too large for the shelf and is stored elsewhere.

Shelf 4

This shelf continues the Shadowrun theme with all the 4th edition and 20th Anniversary Edition books. I really like the two limited edition books I got, for 4th edition rulebook and the limited 20th Anniversary edition.

Continuing along and off Shadowrun we have a few books for White Wolf's Trinity line. This is one of those lines where I used to have everything (for some odd reason, I never read them) but sold the collection before my emigration as unwanted. These three books represent what I couldn't sell on eBay.

Next up, All Flesh Must Be Eaten. A fun game that I think a GM should spring on every RPG group once as a surprise. My group was surprised when I ran it as they hadn't even a clue what game system they were playing.

Rounding out the shelf are some of my Call of Cthulhu related magazines (the rest of the collection including the small format books are elsewhere.) The large format Unspeakable Oath's (missing issue 11 annoyingly), 4 issues of The Whisperer and the 6 English language versions of Worlds of Cthulhu.




No comments:

Post a Comment